Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In Your LIght


In Your Light

God, Thank-you for my life of love and joy,
triumphs and defeats. 

Thank-you for my quiet time today, 
and my desire for it. 

Thank-you for the magical temple of your creation, 
Earth, Sun, Sky and Sea.

God, help me to honor that little child
that lives within me today. 

Help me to love her as she 
waits longingly for my attention. 

Help me with unconditional love and 
tolerance as I learn my lessons. 

God, Help me to remember your presence at the 
times I want to give up. 

Help me to remember the sparkle in her eyes, 
the flecks of light in her hair, and the love 
in her heart. 

Help me to love her, as I am able to love others. 

Help me to see the God within me, as I 
am able to see God in others. 

Help me to not abandon her with all her might
and glory, all her spunk and laughter. 

Help me to not leave the child alone. 
Help me to hold and nurture her. 

Help me to love her in the 
light of you today. 

Help her to dance and play
in the warmth of your love today. 

Help her to not feel the fear, 
But feel your love and light 
as it shines on her. 

Help her to feel the warmth of the rays from the sun, 
the strokes of the wind, 
the music in the sky and the rhythm from the sea. 

Help her to know she is a precious and 
joyful gift of your creation. 

Help me to honor and have patience
with the woman who brings her to you. 

Help me to turn to you in times of pain and struggle, 
for strength and courage, as well and solace and peace.  

God, Help me dance to the music 
in my heart today. 

Help me to shine in the light
of you today.  

Help me to be a beacon to those lost 
in their journey. 

Help me to love myself and others
in the light of you today. 

Help me to live in the truth 
of your will and to continue to 
have the desire to see it. 

Help me to continue to listen 
to you with the intensity of my desires.

Help me feel the presence of your love 
and guidance today. 

Help me to take as good care 
of myself as I do others. 

Help me to be as patient with myself
as I am with others.  

With all my love and joy, gifts and imperfections, thank-you for my path, and my awareness of it.  Thank-you for letting me be part of your beautiful creation, the Universe.  

Amen

Reverend Sue Poulin,  2000








No comments:

Post a Comment