Friday, December 2, 2011

Gracious God, be in.......

Gracious God, be in.......

"Holy God, be in my mind
that I might let go of all
that diminishes the
movement of Your spirit
within me.

Discerning God, be in my
eyes, that I might see You
in the midst of all the busyness
that fills my life.

Loving God, be in my
heart, that I can be open
to those I love, to those
with whom I share
ministry and to the whole
human family.

Gracious God, be in that
grace filled silence that
lies deep within, that I
might live in Christ
as Christ live in me.
Amen"      CREDO

Have you ever laid your head on the pillow at night with a running list of all those things you so wished you had finished that day.  Phone calls, cards or bills mailed, loops closed that you were sure today was the day these would get done.  Yet you lay there thinking, where did my day go?  How could I already be this exhausted, how could it be time to get some sleep?

My guess, or prehaps, my hope, is that we have all experienced this.  Recently a friend of mine posted on facebook:  ""I would like a refund on this past month.  The November I received clearly only had about five days in it.  Thank you."  Laughing out loud is one of those things I love, and this person hit the nail on the head for me.  Where did it go??  Others seem to be getting so much more done than I, or are they?

Who do we hold ourselves up to?  Who and maybe more importantly why do we feel the need to compare ourselves to others?  Each and every one of us know deep in our hearts how we can best use our day.  We all know that we live in the reality of this world.  Demands of jobs, family, friends and community pull us out, pull us away from that still small voice within. This is not to say that any of these things aren't blessings and important.  But how often do we allow these needs to block the room that God is trying to settle in, to grow?

"Loving God, be in my
heart, that I can be open
to those I love, to those
with whom I share ministry
and to the whole
human family."

Most of those demands and expectations are increased significantly during this season.  The season we are called to prepare for new life, to make room for the rebirth of our lives with God.

Prehaps, today we can take a deep breath.  What is really important today? What ways must I be responsible to commitments that I have made?  What ways can i be present to God, both within me and the world in which I live?




No comments:

Post a Comment