Monday, March 8, 2010

What did you see today?


Sabbath can be thought of as a day of rest and worship. Mondays are a day that I try to keep for that very thing. Many days I do chores or things that I have let go the rest of the week. Those are not the kind of sabbath times that I believe we all need.

Sabbath for me is a day when I allow my body to breathe. Those times in my life when I let my brain rest, or wander. For me this is like being a young child and allowing my self to read whatever I want. Maybe I can daydream or go for a long winding walk. Maybe watch a movie that was rented a month ago. Bliss might be knitting while watching the movie, with a fresh brewed cup of coffee.



What did you see today? What is it like to take sometime during your week, if only an hour, to let your mind wander?

Today I saw the sun.

Today I saw the diamonds dance on the water.

Today I saw where the ice and the water meet.

Today I felt the wind on my face.

Today I felt my feet squish in the mud.


Today I saw that clouds are more than just the color white.

Today it is ok to not know what colors they are.

What did you see today?




"God to enfold me,
God to surround me,
God in my speaking,
God in my thinking.

God in my sleeping,
God in my waking,
God in my watching,
God in my hoping.

God in my life,
God in my lips,
God in my soul,
God in my heart.

God in my sufficing,
God in my slumber,
God in mine ever-living soul,
God in mine eternity."

Ancient celtic oral traditions - carmina gadelica















No comments:

Post a Comment