Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sleep well

"Dear Lord, show me your gentleness and your kindness,
you who are weak and humble of heart.
So often I say to myself, "The Lord loves me,"
but very often this truth does not enter
into the center of my heart.
Let these weeks become an opportunity for me
to let go of all my resistances to your love
and an occasion for me to call me closer to you. Amen" Henri Nowen


As today comes to a close I am weary and yet quiet. Tonight at a group gathered we talked about being attentive. I am grateful to hear the stories of others , to hear how God speaks to each of us.

Gracious God, Thank you for the gift of this day. Thank you for the blessing of health and healing. Thank you for those I love and those that return that love. Thank you for food, clothing and shelter.

Gracious God, Take care of all those that need your healing power in body, mind and spirit. Please be with children around the world that are hungry, cold and alone. Please help those that feel hopeless, to feel hope. Please help those who feel rage, feel peace and forgiveness.

Gracious God, Help me to continue to grow into the instrument you need me to be. Amen.

I am exhausted in body, mind and spirit. Sleep well all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment