Monday, July 9, 2012

What is your passion?



On this beautiful summer day I am so aware of all that I have to be thankful for.  Recently, without even thinking about it, I have began my prayers thanking God for food, clothing and shelter.  Prayer is such a wonderful, magical thing.  When we stop and pause, close our eyes and open our hearts and minds to God, it is then that we are able to hear and speak those words we most need to hear. 

St. John's has just begun a month of paying particular attention to the Millennium Development Goals.  It is great timing for me as the Rector to do this because it allows me to look at the Gospel through the lens in yet another way.  But as a woman who has lived in the United States all my life, it is a wonderful way to reflect on how privileged I have and continue to be. 

I will post some links that can give you some information as well as some of the wonderful ways that people around the world are reaching out to help, "the least of these." 

What goal do you relate to most?  What is your passion?  Find one, what can you do? 


No comments:

Post a Comment